Subject: [alpine-devel] squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6

From: Uros Kolar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:13:29 +0100

Hi!

I'm trying to build a custom apkovl of squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6. (I'm
hunting down a bug in squid).

Unfortunately i get some errors at compile time - config.log is attached.

Any suggestions are more then welcome!

Greetings,
uros

---

From: Uros Kolar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:57:57 +0100

I got it working. Needed to manually install gcc-4.6.3 from the 2.4 repo.

Greetings,
uros

---

From: Uros Kolar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:04:58 +0100

Hm, upon installation of the successfully built squid apk I am greeted with
this message:

ERROR: 1 usatisfiable dependencies:
 world: squid><Q1S/XEKh0LgwcF4yqdnojYCQHRYro=

What does this suppose to mean?

Greetings,
uros

---

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 10:24:52 +0200

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:04:58 +0100 Uros Kolar <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hm, upon installation of the successfully built squid apk I am
> greeted with this message:
> 

That you tried to install squid from command line, but for some reason
it could be installed. The error report could a bit informative, but
due to the algorithm used, it'd need some thinking more.

Basically this implies that the squid package has multiple broken
dependencies, and apk just chose to ignore the top level requirement.

Do note that to build 2.4 package you need to build them in 2.4
installation. Building 2.5 results in so: dependencies which are not
supported in 2.4.

- Timo

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Uros Kolar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:51:03 +0100

Thanks for replying!

Yeah, I did the whole process of building the pkg on al-2.4.6. It was funny
to build it successfully and then not beeing able to install it on the same
machine because of missing depends :P

Anyway, I did: touch /var/lib/apk/installed, tried to install the package,
it worked  (first threw me some squid unrelated depends, related to
rsyslogd)... maybe the upgrade from previous ver to 2.4.6 was fishy .. :P

anyway, tried the apk on a fresh 2.4.6 install, works :)

---

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 10:55:03 +0200

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:51:03 +0100 Uros Kolar <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Thanks for replying!
> 
> Yeah, I did the whole process of building the pkg on al-2.4.6. It was
> funny to build it successfully and then not beeing able to install it
> on the same machine because of missing depends :P
> 
> Anyway, I did: touch /var/lib/apk/installed, tried to install the
> package, it worked  (first threw me some squid unrelated depends,
> related to rsyslogd)... maybe the upgrade from previous ver to 2.4.6
> was fishy .. :P
> 

Sounds like you had other "from commandline" installed package then.

Try "apk upgrade -a" to reset any package bindings you might've had
because of that.

- Timo

---