Debugging memory leaks in applications running on Alpine Linux + musl-libc

Srinivasan J <srinidpdk@gmail.com>
<CAEbeQ+rLEBTenj_a1F+Xf3X-Efh0pizMGd_Au0jsOKK061i8xQ@mail.gmail.com>
    Please share any experience with tools used to debug memory leaks
in Alpine Linux based dockers. I'm able to get a core, but none of the
tools like memleax, VMware chap etc would work. I tried jemalloc, but
even that doesn't work in Alpine Linux 3.11.11/3.13.5. Using valgrind
is not an option in production environment.

Regards,
Srini
Rasmus Thomsen <oss@cogitri.dev>
<5155d9c837fec2af2cdfc0bd48e24fc92a32618f.camel@cogitri.dev>
In-Reply-To
<CAEbeQ+rLEBTenj_a1F+Xf3X-Efh0pizMGd_Au0jsOKK061i8xQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Sat, 2021-06-05 at 17:14 +0530, Srinivasan J wrote:
> Hi,
>     Please share any experience with tools used to debug memory leaks
> in Alpine Linux based dockers. I'm able to get a core, but none of
> the
> tools like memleax, VMware chap etc would work. I tried jemalloc, but
> even that doesn't work in Alpine Linux 3.11.11/3.13.5. Using valgrind
> is not an option in production environment.
>
> Regards,
> Srini

Hej,

I think clang's sanitizers (LSAN) should work once we bump clang to
12.x.x (which we can do after 3.14 got branched). In the meantime I
think Valgrind in an isolated environment is probably a better idea
(using other sanitizers in production isn't necessarily a good idea
either).

Regards,

Rasmus Thomsen
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)