Subject: [alpine-devel] cups on Alpine Linux

From: Adèlphe Rafanambinana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:51:23 +0000

Hi there!

I installed cups in my Alpine Linux machine. It's running correctly.
However, when I try to install network printer on it, I could not find any
of my printers. I'm using cups in one Ubuntu machine, which is in the same
network of my Alpine, and I found and can installed these printers.
Anyone have an idea how to get network printers installed on my Alpine
Linux?

(I'm using vserver guest with alpine 2.3.6 and cups 1.5.2)

Thank you,

-- 
Adèlphe Rafanambinana

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 23:19:00 +0200

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:51:23 +0000

> Hi there!

Hi,

> However, when I try to install network printer on it, I could not
> find any of my printers. I'm using cups in one Ubuntu machine, which
> is in the same network of my Alpine, and I found and can installed
> these printers. Anyone have an idea how to get network printers
> installed on my Alpine Linux?

I suppose it depends on what printer you have.

I am running a cups server with konika minolta bizhub c360 printers and
I found a ppd file on openprinting.org which I could use.

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Adèlphe Rafanambinana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 15:12:16 +0000

Hi Natanael,

Thank you for your reply.

I notice that cups on the Ubuntu machine use dnssd protocol to disciver my
network printers.
I'm not sure if I have that protocol too in my Alpine Linux.
I didn't install/configure manually that protocol in the Ubuntu.
Have you an idea?

Thank you,

-- 
Adèlphe Rafanambinana