GitLab Labels for Contributors

Carl Chave <online@chave.us>
<CAGP1gyMR8Ttt2w7Th2VaxqCEaUX0yZUTsG55cBCgT4iDtAL1UQ@mail.gmail.com>
Alpine Team,

I thought it might be helpful as another way to contribute to the
Alpine project if regular users with GitLab accounts could apply
labels to issues, to recommend closure without action or to mark as a
quick fix for example - this doesn't seem allowed currently?

I had a brief look through the existing labels and didn't see any that
could be used for this purpose so if this were enabled I think some
guidance on which labels to use would be needed.

Thanks,
Carl
Lucas Ramage <oxr463@gmx.us>
<85AF078B-8FDE-4C97-A707-31CCE94CEFF2@gmx.us>
In-Reply-To
<CAGP1gyMR8Ttt2w7Th2VaxqCEaUX0yZUTsG55cBCgT4iDtAL1UQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Greetings,

I think it would be very helpful as a package maintainer. I typically create issues for my own packages and I usually leave a note stating it is for myself. But it would be neat to be able to use labels and/or assign issues to myself.

I know there are bots on other projects that allow you to type a command and the bot will perform the action, like stale bot for example.

Regards,

On August 31, 2021 12:27:33 PM UTC, Carl Chave <online@chave.us> wrote:
>Alpine Team,
>
>I thought it might be helpful as another way to contribute to the
>Alpine project if regular users with GitLab accounts could apply
>labels to issues, to recommend closure without action or to mark as a
>quick fix for example - this doesn't seem allowed currently?
>
>I had a brief look through the existing labels and didn't see any that
>could be used for this purpose so if this were enabled I think some
>guidance on which labels to use would be needed.
>
>Thanks,
>Carl
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)