Subject: [alpine-devel] Adding Local Abuild Package to Cache

From: Carl Chave <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 10:52:41 -0400

Hello,

I followed the wiki to abuild a package that was not in any of the repos,
which resulted in a main package, and -openrc and -doc packages.  I added
the ~/packages/testing repo to /etc/apk/repositories and I can apk add the
packages and pull in dependencies successfully like a package in the
official repos.

I've tested that the application works and that the /etc/init.d scripts
will start and stop the service also.  The application name is added to
/etc/apk/world but the packages are not added to the local cache and not
automatically loaded on reboot.  I have to add them manually again.  If I
manually copy the packages to cache and reboot, they still don't load and
when I run an apk cache clean they get removed from the cache.

I suspect this has something to do with signing and trust perhaps, though
the abuild -r process signed the APKINDEX file in the local package repo
and I added my public key to /etc/apk/keys.

Please let me know what I'm missing!  Thanks,
Carl

---

From: Carl Chave <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 14:31:00 -0400

> Please let me know what I'm missing!  Thanks,

I should add that this is the 3.9.2 armv7 image on the Raspberry Pi 3 B+
and I'm doing an lbu commit -d prior to rebooting.