Revive an unmaintained package that's been purged

Carl Chave <online@chave.us>
<CAGP1gyPexhACLxkTfmqVYX+Dg9awd0LqwjnnSvHaTWc=vp1XUg@mail.gmail.com>
Alpine Team,

What is the preferred way to revive an unmaintained packaged that was
purged?  See:
https://git.alpinelinux.org/aports/commit/?id=3ce3c4fd596debefbad77328a9b62a39eccf753c

Would that be considered a new aport or still a move from unmaintained?

Thanks!
Carl
Rasmus Thomsen <oss@cogitri.dev>
<4fa2a94f6cf1e3eede730f920f0d2aa6135176a4.camel@cogitri.dev>
In-Reply-To
<CAGP1gyPexhACLxkTfmqVYX+Dg9awd0LqwjnnSvHaTWc=vp1XUg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hello,

I guess we would consider it to be neither of those, it's simply a
revival of a removed package. I don't really think that matters though
since the procedure is the same either way:

0. Make sure the package builds & works
1. Add the APKBUILD to testing/$pkgname/APKBUILD
2. Make a merge request against
https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports
3. Wait for a developer to take a look and either merge the change or
to request changes

Hope that helps,

Rasmus Thomsen

Milan P. Stanić <mps@arvanta.net>
<X/2UXfaaoC7reRGd@arya.arvanta.net>
In-Reply-To
<CAGP1gyPexhACLxkTfmqVYX+Dg9awd0LqwjnnSvHaTWc=vp1XUg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Carl,

On Tue, 2021-01-12 at 06:53, Carl Chave wrote:
> Alpine Team,
>
> What is the preferred way to revive an unmaintained packaged that was
> purged?  See:
> https://git.alpinelinux.org/aports/commit/?id=3ce3c4fd596debefbad77328a9b62a39eccf753c
>
> Would that be considered a new aport or still a move from unmaintained?

Move from maintained, to have in git log history that it was existed in
aports.

> Thanks!
> Carl
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)