Subject: [alpine-devel] Default ssh on Alpine

From: Alba Pompeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 14:42:31 -0200

In the past the default ssh client on the alpine installation was
dropbear. Now I installed Alpine through the iso on another computer
and I noticed that changed to openssh.
Why did this happen? I think dropbear was okay as the default.

Ciao.

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Leonardo Arena <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:54:50 +0100

> Help:         [email-masked]

Not sure about releases earlier than 2.x, but since then it has been the
default.

leo
--
Sent from unknown device with microscopic keyboard. Please excuse the
brevity, ForMattinG and tyopos

---

From: IT Developer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 23:26:30 +0000

Tinyssh
<http://it-offshore.co.uk/linux/alpine-linux/52-alpine-linux-tinyssh-secure-by-default>
is nice & small (& in testing) - I use it in LXC containers instead of
dropbear.

Stuart.

---

From: Kevin Chadwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 15:44:45 +0000

> is nice & small (& in testing) - I use it in LXC containers instead of

Why? to save a little memory.

I just switched from connectbot to openssh on android via termux and
I'm SOOOO glad.

Personally I'd *always* prefer the mainstead openssh but could always
install if need be. Do dropbear or tinyssh support the latest lean
protocols like poly1305 and secure ecdsa like ed25519?

-- 

KISSIS - Keep It Simple So It's Securable

---