Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine Firewall

From: Pascal Laurent <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:32:08 -0500

Hi,

I would like to use alpine to built my soho firewall. Kinda hard to find a
nice tutorial to educate me. I would like the firewall to accomplish these
things:

-- Allow me to connect remotely
-- QoS for voip
-- Port forward to my internal apps

I understand alpine uses somethings similar with shorewall. May I request
your assistance helping me putting this together.

Thanks,
--P

---

From: Jeremy Thomerson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:04:31 -0500

Alpine is a Linux distro, so if you have any experience in doing these
things in any other Linux distro it basically all applies.

Allow me to connect remotely:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_OpenVPN_server

QoS for VoIP:
I don't have any experience with setting up QoS, but you may look at this
package.  Since it appears to be just using iproute2's QoS, you may find
the tutorial after the package link helpful.

http://alpinelinux.org/apk/main/x86/iproute2-qos
http://www.howtoforge.com/voip_qos_traffic_shaping_iproute2_asterisk

Port forward to my internal apps
Just use iptables.  Search for any iptables tutorial.

Or, you can try awall:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/How-To_Alpine_Wall#Port-Forwarding

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Thomerson

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:10:32 +0100

Hi

> your assistance helping me putting this together.

This should be a good start for setting up firewall on Alpine.

http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_Wall_User's_Guide