Subject: [alpine-devel] Packaging USBGuard

From: Lucas Ramage <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 15:58:36 -0400

Hello,

I am having trouble packaging usguard.

```
    Build Configuration Summary
===================================

 Run full test suite: no

## Libraries

      libqb: system-wide; -lqb /usr/include/qb/
     crypto: system-wide;  -lsodium
   libaudit: not found
 libseccomp: not found
  libcap-ng: not found
   protobuf: system-wide;  -lprotobuf
      Catch: bundled; -I$(top_srcdir)/src/ThirdParty/Catch/include
      PEGTL: bundled; -I$(top_srcdir)/src/ThirdParty/PEGTL ; version <=
1.3.1: yes
         Qt: Building without Qt GUI
 GLib D-Bus: None; building without DBus support

## Directories

 D-Bus System Services: -
       D-Bus Busconfig: -
    PolicyKit Policies: -
      systemd unit dir: -
   Bash completion dir:

## Compilation Flags

Debug Build: no
       DEFS: -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
   CXXFLAGS: -std=c++11 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer  -fvisibility=hidden
-pedantic -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wall -Wextra -Wformat=2 -Wredundant-decls
-Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-include-dirs
-Wmissing-format-attribute -Wswitch-enum -Wswitch-default -Winvalid-pch
-Wformat-nonliteral -Wno-missing-field-initializers
-Wno-implicit-fallthrough
     CFLAGS: -std=c99 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer  -fvisibility=hidden
-pedantic -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wall -Wextra -Wformat=2 -Wredundant-decls
-Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-include-dirs
-Wmissing-format-attribute -Wswitch-enum -Wswitch-default -Winvalid-pch
-Wformat-nonliteral -Wno-missing-field-initializers
-Wno-implicit-fallthrough
   CPPFLAGS: -DHAVE_BUILD_CONFIG_H -Os -fomit-frame-pointer
    LDFLAGS: -Wl,--as-needed
 ASAN_FLAGS:
 TSAN_FLAGS:

Makefile:3679: warning: overriding recipe for target 'check'
Makefile:3144: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'check'
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory
'/home/dev/aports/testing/usbguard/src/usbguard-usbguard-0.7.2'
Makefile:3679: warning: overriding recipe for target 'check'
Makefile:3144: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'check'
Making all in src/Tests/
make[2]: Entering directory
'/home/dev/aports/testing/usbguard/src/usbguard-usbguard-0.7.2/src/Tests'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/home/dev/aports/testing/usbguard/src/usbguard-usbguard-0.7.2/src/Tests'
make[2]: Entering directory
'/home/dev/aports/testing/usbguard/src/usbguard-usbguard-0.7.2'
Makefile:3679: warning: overriding recipe for target 'check'
Makefile:3144: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'check'
DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./src  -fPIE -I./src -I./src/Library/public
-I./src/CLI -DHAVE_BUILD_CONFIG_H -Os -fomit-frame-pointer  -std=c++11 -Os
-fomit-frame-pointer  -fvisibility=hidden  -pedantic -Wno-unknown-pragmas
-Wall -Wextra -Wformat=2 -Wredundant-decls -Wcast-align
-Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Wswitch-enum -Wswitch-default -Winvalid-pch -Wformat-nonliteral
-Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-implicit-fallthrough  -MT
src/CLI/usbguard-usbguard.o -MD -MP -MF src/CLI/.deps/usbguard-usbguard.Tpo
-c -o src/CLI/usbguard-usbguard.o `test -f 'src/CLI/usbguard.cpp' || echo
'./'`src/CLI/usbguard.cpp
DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./src  -fPIE -I./src -I./src/Library/public
-I./src/CLI -DHAVE_BUILD_CONFIG_H -Os -fomit-frame-pointer  -std=c++11 -Os
-fomit-frame-pointer  -fvisibility=hidden  -pedantic -Wno-unknown-pragmas
-Wall -Wextra -Wformat=2 -Wredundant-decls -Wcast-align
-Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Wswitch-enum -Wswitch-default -Winvalid-pch -Wformat-nonliteral
-Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-implicit-fallthrough  -MT
src/CLI/usbguard-usbguard-list-devices.o -MD -MP -MF
src/CLI/.deps/usbguard-usbguard-list-devices.Tpo -c -o
src/CLI/usbguard-usbguard-list-devices.o `test -f
'src/CLI/usbguard-list-devices.cpp' || echo
'./'`src/CLI/usbguard-list-devices.cpp
/bin/bash: /bin/bash: DHAVE_CONFIG_H: command not foundDHAVE_CONFIG_H:
command not found

make[2]: [Makefile:2063: src/CLI/usbguard-usbguard.o] Error 127 (ignored)
mv -f src/CLI/.deps/usbguard-usbguard.Tpo src/CLI/.deps/usbguard-usbguard.Po
make[2]: [Makefile:2077: src/CLI/usbguard-usbguard-list-devices.o] Error
127 (ignored)
mv -f src/CLI/.deps/usbguard-usbguard-list-devices.Tpo
src/CLI/.deps/usbguard-usbguard-list-devices.Po
mv: can't rename 'src/CLI/.deps/usbguard-usbguard-list-devices.Tpo': No
such file or directory
mv: can't rename 'src/CLI/.deps/usbguard-usbguard.Tpo': No such file or
directory
make[2]: *** [Makefile:2064: src/CLI/usbguard-usbguard.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [Makefile:2078: src/CLI/usbguard-usbguard-list-devices.o]
Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/home/dev/aports/testing/usbguard/src/usbguard-usbguard-0.7.2'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:2852: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/dev/aports/testing/usbguard/src/usbguard-usbguard-0.7.2'
make: *** [Makefile:1084: all] Error 2
>>> ERROR: usbguard: build failed
```

References:

- [testing/usbguard APKBUILD](https://github.com/lramage94/aports/commit/
56bcc781fda94e6ac3aec61df58af8abe9ad3cc2)

- [personal issue tracker / notes](https://github.com/
lramage94/aports/issues/7)

- [upstream bug I created](https://github.com/USBGuard/usbguard/issues/233)

Thanks,

-- 

 <https://lramage94.github.io>

*Lucas Ramage* / Software Engineer
[email-masked] / (941) 404-6794

*PGP Fingerprint* / Learn More <https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/>
EAE7 45DF 818D 4948 DDA7 0F44 F52A 5A96 7B9B 6FB7
<https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF52A5A967B9B6FB7>

*Visit online journal*
http://lramage94.github.io <https://lramage94.github.io>

  <https://github.com/lramage94>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/lramage94>