Subject: [alpine-devel] php 7.1

From: Andy Postnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 17:52:10 +0300

There's RC1 http://ua2.php.net/archive/2016.php#id2016-09-01-1

How this could be added to testing repo?
Maybe use *php71* as package name but what to do with executable's names?
The same question about /etc/php71

-- 
*Andy Postnikov*, drupal consultant

dgo.to/@andypost
skype:andypost2005

---

From: Gennady Feldman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 11:22:33 -0400

Well I think php7 is now in community repo, so php 7.1 could go into
testing?

Thank you,

Gennady

---

From: Leo Unglaub <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 10:00:46 +0200

Hey,

> Maybe use *php71* as package name but what to do with executable's names?

its a RC1 and not a stable release. I don't think its a good idea adding 
unstable software to the aports. That would cause much confusin and 
problems.

I am also against using a own php71 prefix for packages. PHP 7.1 is 
simply a bugfix release für PHP 7 and people should upgrade to it. If we 
keep packages around for every new release we will have shortly a huge 
mess on our hands.

Greetings
Leo

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Andy Postnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 00:09:55 +0300

Hi again)

PHP 7.1 is simply a bugfix release

I need to point that 7.1 is minor release with incompatibilities, see
http://php.net/manual/en/migration71.php
Both 5.6 and 7.0 has long support cycle
http://php.net/supported-versions.php

So why not to use testing repo for it's purpose for upcoming versions?

2016-09-07 11:00 GMT+03:00 Leo Unglaub <[email-masked]>:

> I am also against using a own php71 prefix for packages. PHP 7.1 is simply
> a bugfix release für PHP 7 and people should upgrade to it. If we keep
> packages around for every new release we will have shortly a huge mess on
> our hands.
>
> Greetings
> Leo
>

dgo.to/@andypost
skype:andypost2005