Subject: librdkafka-dev: Missing static library

From: Daniel Beseda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 09:50:44 +0000

I noticed that librdkafka-dev package on alpine-3.10 doesn't contain *.a
files. Is it an omission? This breaks our build of go service which uses `
github.com/confluentinc/confluent-kafka-go`. Here's the error message:

#
github.com/energomonitor/server-go/vendor/github.com/confluentinc/confluent-kafka-go/kafka
gcc: error: /usr/lib/librdkafka.a: No such file or directory

Daniel

---

From: Milan P. Stanić <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:55:28 +0200

Hi Daniel,

> gcc: error: /usr/lib/librdkafka.a: No such file or directory

Static libs are -static files, in this case librdkafka-static
So, you should install it or add in makedepends if you building your
package in aports with APKBUILD file.

-- 
regards

---

From: Daniel Beseda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:59:23 +0000

Hi Milan,

thank you, that worked.

Daniel

čt 10. 10. 2019 v 9:55 odesílatel Milan P. Stanić <[email-masked]> napsal:

> > github.com/confluentinc/confluent-kafka-go`
> <http://github.com/confluentinc/confluent-kafka-go>. Here's the error
> message:
> >
> > #
> >