Subject: [alpine-devel] openvpn-easy-rsa missing from AlpineLinux

From: masoom alam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 11:04:11 +0500

any clue?

apk add openvpn-easy-rsa
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e4ea7fb.tar.gz: No such file or directory
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.2b6ad8a4.tar.gz: No such file or directory
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  openvpn-easy-rsa (missing):
    required by: world[openvpn-easy-rsa]

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 09:08:05 +0200

On Wed, 28 May 2014 11:04:11 +0500

>     required by: world[openvpn-easy-rsa]

What alpine version?

IIRC it used to be shipped with openvpn, but then splitted out. So
previously it was named 'openvpn-easy-rsa', and now its only 'easy-rsa'.

Hm... seems easy-rsa is still in testing. We should probably move it to
main and maybe even backport it to v2.7?

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: masoom alam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 12:42:41 +0500

I cannot find it in mine.

apk search rsa
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e4ea7fb.tar.gz: No such file or directory
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.2b6ad8a4.tar.gz: No such file or directory
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e009a3b.tar.gz: No such file or directory

Actually, I am trying to follow the DMVPN howto given on the alpine WIKI
and stuck in the Openvpn STEP. I am using 2.7.7 alpine linux 64 bit.
The following command gives an error:

vpnc:~# openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf
Options error: --ca fails with '/etc/openvpn/cacert.pem': No such file or
directory
Options error: --cert fails with '/etc/openvpn/servercert.pem': No such
file or directory
Options error: --key fails with '/etc/openvpn/serverkey.pem': No such file
or directory
Options error: --crl-verify fails with '/etc/openvpn/crl.pem': No such file
or directory
Options error: Please correct these errors.
Use --help for more information.

I was thinking to gerenate these files on Ubuntu and then move them in the
alpine linux, but then I am stuck by the lbu commit command. I cannot save
my configurations to USB, or any other media. How can I make my
configurations permanent. I specified the Backup_dir and it has created a
apok...tar.gz file by issuing the lbu commit, how to tell the alpine to use
this configuration when boot up again.

Thanks.

---

From: Nathan Angelacos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 07:27:44 -0400

> The following command gives an error:

If you are trying to set up DMVPN, OpenVPN is not _required_.  You could 
skip that step.

Alternatively, you can install the ACF (web) interface to build 
certificates:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Generating_SSL_certs_with_ACF

>
> I was thinking to gerenate these files on Ubuntu and then move them in
> the alpine linux, but then I am stuck by the lbu commit command. I
> cannot save my configurations to USB, or any other media. How can I make
> my configurations permanent. I specified the Backup_dir and it has
> created a apok...tar.gz file by issuing the lbu commit, how to tell the
> alpine to use this configuration when boot up again.
>

Are you booting from USB?  if so, try:

LBU_MEDIA=usb

instead of BACKUP_DIR

---

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 08:57:44 +0200

>     required by: world[openvpn-easy-rsa]

Works for me on edge.

apk search rsa
easy-rsa-2.2.2-r0