Subject: setup-alpine with NVMe

From: "Adnan Maolood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 11:52:26 -0500

Hello,

I installed Alpine Linux on a laptop with NVMe storage today using the
new cryptsetup installer. Upon rebooting, the root filesystem failed to
mount. I eventually realized that the nvme feature needed to be enabled
in mknitfs.conf and the initramfs needed to be rebuilt in order to boot
from NVMe storage.

In order to improve the experience for new Alpine Linux users, I think
that the nvme feature should be automatically detected and added to
mkinitfs.conf. Thoughts?

---

From: David Demelier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:20:51 +0100

> On 26 Dec 2021, at 17:52, Adnan Maolood <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 

Hi,

I’ve added it through a few months ago [0], maybe the mkinitfs present is still the old version. Could be nice that someone could create a new release otherwise.

Can you tell which version of mkinitfs is present on your alpine version?

[0]: https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/mkinitfs/-/merge_requests/73

— 
David

---

From: "Adnan Maolood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 16:49:15 -0500

Hi, sorry for the late reply (I was not CC'ed).

> Can you tell which version of mkinitfs is present on your alpine version?

It's been a while and I can't check the mkinitfs version. However, I'm
glad that this has been addressed.