Subject: Intel Tiger Lake pinctrl driver

From: "Adnan Maolood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:23:32 -0400

In order to use Alpine Linux on the Framework Laptop, I needed to
recompile the kernel with the Intel Tiger Lake pinctrl driver enabled
by setting CONFIG_PINCTRL_TIGERLAKE=m in the kernel configuration.
Without it, the touchpad is not recognized and some media keys do not
function. It would be nice if this module was enabled upstream.

---

From: Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 20:56:13 +0200

> function. It would be nice if this module was enabled upstream.

Just a note, you can compile only the module, that's how I've solved
issue with missing driver for my wifi card. The archlinux wiki has a
solid guide: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Compile_kernel_module

At least to me that seems like easier option.

W.

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

---

From: "alice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 17:48:13 +0200

> function. It would be nice if this module was enabled upstream.

you should open an issue on https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/issues
so ncopa is (more likely to) see it and enable it on -lts