3 2

[alpine-devel] extra/screen

Michael Mason
Details
Message ID
<EB2F6E2D-748E-47B6-846A-8AECFF323F04@gmail.com>
Sender timestamp
1235764831
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
Please review and commit.
patch file included
Natanael Copa
Details
Message ID
<1235985911.32572.5.camel@nc>
In-Reply-To
<EB2F6E2D-748E-47B6-846A-8AECFF323F04@gmail.com> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1235985911
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 20:00 +0000, Michael Mason wrote:
> Please review and commit.
> patch file included
> 

Interesting. Seems like it builds fine and links against ncurses even if
ncurses-dev is not installed. I would have expected a need for
ncurses-dev in makedepends.

Just curious, where comes that patch from and why is it needed?

Applied, Thanks!

-nc




---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
---
Michael Mason
Details
Message ID
<22868DA8-6896-430A-A9D3-1A6CF87DA541@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1235985911.32572.5.camel@nc> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1235999637
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
On Mar 2, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Natanael Copa wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 20:00 +0000, Michael Mason wrote:
>> Please review and commit.
>> patch file included
>>

> Interesting. Seems like it builds fine and links against ncurses  
> even if
> ncurses-dev is not installed. I would have expected a need for
> ncurses-dev in makedepends.
>
> Just curious, where comes that patch from and why is it needed?
>
Had problems compiling. Checked for similar bugs and found changes to  
be made http://bugs.gentoo.org/168281.
The patch is the same as the one here but had to make it with diff - 
urp as documented on alpine linux website.
Carlo asked if I could provide more details.
For future reference where would you like this information put? In the  
patch itself by name or a comment?
Thx

> Applied, Thanks!
>
> -nc
>
>



---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
---
Natanael Copa
Details
Message ID
<1236000315.32572.22.camel@nc>
In-Reply-To
<22868DA8-6896-430A-A9D3-1A6CF87DA541@gmail.com> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1236000315
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 13:13 +0000, Michael Mason wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> 
> > On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 20:00 +0000, Michael Mason wrote:
> >> Please review and commit.
> >> patch file included
> >>
> 
> > Interesting. Seems like it builds fine and links against ncurses  
> > even if
> > ncurses-dev is not installed. I would have expected a need for
> > ncurses-dev in makedepends.
> >
> > Just curious, where comes that patch from and why is it needed?
> >
> Had problems compiling. Checked for similar bugs and found changes to  
> be made http://bugs.gentoo.org/168281.
> The patch is the same as the one here but had to make it with diff - 
> urp as documented on alpine linux website.
> Carlo asked if I could provide more details.
> For future reference where would you like this information put? In the  
> patch itself by name or a comment?
> Thx

Either is fine.

Thanks!

-nc



---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
---