Subject: [alpine-devel] [PATCH] Add port of ghc 7.10.3b, the Glasgow Haskell Compiler

From: Mitch Tishmack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:04:17 -0600

Patch file is here http://sprunge.us/CPAa

https://www.haskell.org

x86_64 only for now.

Also includes the cabal build tool as required by ghc to build itself
and other packages. Also includes llvm 3.5 llc/opt as required by this
specific release.

Note, this port requires a bootstrap compiler. I've been using a version
built via the bootstrap.sh script which uses docker and ubuntu-14.04 to
generate a cross compiler that can be used to build this compiler.

To build this port in alpine using that same cross compiler one need
simply set the BOOTSTRAP env variable and the cross compiled ghc will
be used to build a ghc bootstrap apk.

Example of building a bootstrapped ghc apk (I wouldn't use this for
much beyond building ghc itself, it is slow):
$ export
BOOTSTRAP=https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/alpine-ghc/7.10/ghc-x86_64-linux-musl-7.10.2.tar.xz
$ abuild checksum && abuild -r

$ unset BOOTSTRAP
$ abuild checksum && abuild -r

The sha256sum of the bootstrap compiler tarball used since 7.10.2 is:
dbc3922ca7be8dd0134862998b355c0867fa2e82f20ea48f1d133e66cde5ce1d
ghc-x86_64-linux-musl-7.10.2.tar.xz

If you have any questions just ping mitchty on freenode in #alpine-devel

cheers,
mitch

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---