Hash Lookup Support for Postfix 3.5.9-r0 in Alpine 3.13

Williams, Peter B <pwilliam@fredhutch.org>
<MWHPR11MB201498C27563C994BA3AC14ED2769@MWHPR11MB2014.namprd11.prod.outlook.com>
Hi Alpine Group,

I recently noticed that hash lookup table support is missing from the Postfix 3.5.9-r0 package in Alpine 3.13. Is this by design? I thought I should check, apologies if I missed something!

Postfix install in 3.13 showing hash missing:
/ # postconf -m
cidr
environ
fail
inline
internal
lmdb
memcache
pipemap
proxy
randmap
regexp
socketmap
static
tcp
texthash
unionmap
unix

Postfix install in 3.12:
/ # postconf -m
btree
cidr
environ
fail
hash
inline
internal
memcache
pipemap
proxy
randmap
regexp
socketmap
static
tcp
texthash
unionmap
unix

Thanks for the help and have a nice day,
Peter
<a7ca8df3-b551-db39-14c4-c4a71a335e6@dereferenced.org>
In-Reply-To
<MWHPR11MB201498C27563C994BA3AC14ED2769@MWHPR11MB2014.namprd11.prod.outlook.com> (view parent)
Hello,

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021, Williams, Peter B wrote:

> Hi Alpine Group,
>
> I recently noticed that hash lookup table support is missing from the Postfix 3.5.9-r0 package in Alpine 3.13. Is this by design? I thought I should check, apologies if I missed something!

The `btree` and `hash` lookup tables are dependent on Berkeley DB support.
We have deprecated Berkeley DB in Alpine due to lack of maintenance of an
acceptably licensed version.

You will need to switch to lmdb or similar as a replacement.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ariadne
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)