Subject: u-boot for OLinuXino Lime2

From: Sagar Acharya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:18:55 +0200 (CEST)

Lime2's u-boot is a complicated matter. I was assigned some work for various old boards of lime too but since linux itself is extremely complicated, it is a search in infinite dimension.

I would like to contribute to lime2's alpine. Currently, the NetBSD's u-boot works phenomenally for lime2.

How can I get access to Wiki so I can add some support for making easy installation of alpine on lime2?
Thanking you
Sagar Acharya
https://humaaraartha.in

---

From: Unicorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 17:05:33 +0200 (GMT+02:00)

Hi Sagar,

I believe you can simply create a Wiki Account yourself!

Regarding the Lime2, I happen to have made a script to simplify the 
process, perhaps it will be helpful/interesting to you:
https://codeberg.org/unicorn/alpine-a20-olinuxino-lime2/

This compiles upstream U-Boot with Lime2 board revision specific fixes, 
creates desired partitions and writes it to a bootable uSD card.

You may want to edit the variables around line 410 to the newest versions 
of u-boot, Alpine and alpine-chroot (have to update that), but that 
aside, it should allow very easy interactive or automatic creation of an 
Alpine installation onto a uSD card. :)

I also wrote an overly detailed (for beginners) text description of the 
process:
https://regrow.earth/blog/2022-12-08_alpine-a20-olinuxino-lime2.html

Best,
Edin

20 Jun 2023 16:20:01 Sagar Acharya <[email-masked]>:

> Lime2's u-boot is a complicated matter. I was assigned some work for 
> various old boards of lime too but since linux itself is extremely 
> complicated, it is a search in infinite dimension.
>