Alpine build server setup?

<NsCbc6jaDg33ycdZ7Xv4hBSTjILVBxKNMNcPce9RppK_DuLgF3LVxxWLyJHRHd864x-SrPSwaqPQ5vjHqIogrArZ6d-bbdM9vBUsj8y_Xr8=@protonmail.com>

I want to set up a private build server/repository for packages that need customization. It is not hard to setup something makeshift that would work, but if there is an offical Alpine way to configure such system, I would like to follow that.

This is the documentation I have found:

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_compile_vserver_for_third_party_packages
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/User:Ncopa/buildserver

The first setup uses Linux-VServer which is not available in Alpine anymore, the second uses LXC but still might be outdated as it is almost 6 years old.

Are there any up-to-date information on setting up an Alpine build server?

Regards,
Mogens Jensen
Francesco Colista <francesco@bsod.eu>
<4adf46407194286d9ef22e4dc4a892fc@bsod.eu>
In-Reply-To
<NsCbc6jaDg33ycdZ7Xv4hBSTjILVBxKNMNcPce9RppK_DuLgF3LVxxWLyJHRHd864x-SrPSwaqPQ5vjHqIogrArZ6d-bbdM9vBUsj8y_Xr8=@protonmail.com> (view parent)
13 maggio 2020 17:29, "Mogens Jensen" <mogens-jensen@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to set up a private build server/repository for packages that need customization. It is not
> hard to setup something makeshift that would work, but if there is an offical Alpine way to
> configure such system, I would like to follow that.
>
> This is the documentation I have found:
>
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_compile_vserver_for_third_party_packages
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/User:Ncopa/buildserver
>
> The first setup uses Linux-VServer which is not available in Alpine anymore, the second uses LXC
> but still might be outdated as it is almost 6 years old.
>
> Are there any up-to-date information on setting up an Alpine build server?

Would be good to have the documentation updated, perhaps using docker.

.: Francesco Colista
<5040eace-7f13-4e39-a287-62cdd2967269@it-offshore.co.uk>
In-Reply-To
<4adf46407194286d9ef22e4dc4a892fc@bsod.eu> (view parent)
To setup LXD in Alpine see:

https://lunar.computer/posts/lxd-alpine/

To create a container:

lxc launch images:alpine/3.12 container-name

To access an Alpine LXD container console use something like:

lxc exec container-name ash

Stuart.

<dc3e8e05-3ddf-ddc1-f4a7-21886f0feeb5@it-offshore.co.uk>
In-Reply-To
<4adf46407194286d9ef22e4dc4a892fc@bsod.eu> (view parent)
To setup LXD in Alpine see:

https://lunar.computer/posts/lxd-alpine/

To create a container:

lxc launch images:alpine/3.12 container-name

To access an Alpine LXD container console use something like:

lxc exec container-name ash

Stuart.

On 9/9/20 9:46 AM, Francesco Colista wrote:
> 13 maggio 2020 17:29, "Mogens Jensen" <mogens-jensen@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to set up a private build server/repository for packages that need customization. It is not
>> hard to setup something makeshift that would work, but if there is an offical Alpine way to
>> configure such system, I would like to follow that.
>>
>> This is the documentation I have found:
>>
>> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_compile_vserver_for_third_party_packages
>> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/User:Ncopa/buildserver
>>
>> The first setup uses Linux-VServer which is not available in Alpine anymore, the second uses LXC
>> but still might be outdated as it is almost 6 years old.
>>
>> Are there any up-to-date information on setting up an Alpine build server?
> Would be good to have the documentation updated, perhaps using docker.
>

> .: Francesco Colista
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)