Subject: Patch Workflow: Applying patches

From: "Ruck, Maximilian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 15:54:49 +0000

Ah okay, and now the patches are directly shared with gitlab.  And there is no need
to apply them in any form, since the abuild command will take care of it. 

Is there any way to see the source code of the patched file(s), with "applied"
patches? I am currently working in a security / software clearing project and would like
to derive some statistics from the source code after the diff is applied.

Best
Max

---

From: Kevin Daudt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 16:36:42 +0000

> to derive some statistics from the source code after the diff is applied.

Hello Max,

We do not store the patched source for each project somehwere. During
the build, the original source will be fetched, and then any patches
defined in the APKBUILD will be applied. So if you want to see the
sources after patching, you would need to unpack and prepare the aport
(`abuild unpack prepare`), and then the source is available in src/.

Hope this helps,
Kevin