Subject: [alpine-devel] libreoffice icons in mate-menus

From: ScrumpyJack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 17:04:50 +0000 (UTC)

We are trying to put together a nice looking desktop environment.
Well, Alan is doing all hard work, I'm mainly complaining.
Libreoffice will be installed as part of an "Office" suite, but the nice 
little icons that makes mate-menus look nice don't work.

A minor annoyance, but we'd like to make it look pretty.
I think libreoffice does strange things with icons. Is there a way to fix 
it in the aport?

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 10:31:32 +0300

On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 17:04:50 +0000 (UTC)
ScrumpyJack <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Libreoffice will be installed as part of an "Office" suite, but the
> nice little icons that makes mate-menus look nice don't work.
> 
> I think libreoffice does strange things with icons. Is there a way to
> fix it in the aport?

Could explain "strange things" ?

It seems libreoffice just says to use "libreoffice-writer" named icon,
but does not provide it. Maybe you just need to install icon pack
shipping those, such as faenza-icon-theme (the subpackages get
automatically pulled in after that) ?

/Timo

---