gdal: upgrade, subpackages and checks

Holger Jaekel <holger.jaekel@gmx.de>
<b967ad12-1cc6-e3ca-5edc-a9f9a2b5fd0c@gmx.de>
Hi Trevor,

[ Cc-ed to ~alpine/devel@lists.alpinelinux.org ]

I'm writing to you because your mail address is listed in 'Maintainer'
field for package testing/gdal in Alpine Linux aports.

I prepared an upgrade to version 3.0.1 with the following features:

* replace Python 2 client subpackage by a Python 3 client
* add support for NumPy arrays to the Python client
* add Java subpackage
* add util subpackage for command line utilities
* execute autotest regression test suite to check()
* add lots of new drivers, the most important are:
  * NetCDF
  * HDF5
  * JPEG2000
  * webp
  * DAP 3.x servers
  * JPEG-LS
  * KML
  * ODBC
  * MySQL

As those are major changes to the GDAL package, I'm asking you to review
the patch and tell me if you have any objections to me sending the patch
to Alpine aports. You can see the changes here:
https://github.com/hjaekel/aports/commit/b814078799b6650aa406e7bc271e8666fa9e97d6

In addition I would like to know if you have any intention to continue
maintaining the gdal package in Alpine in future.

Best regards
  Holger
Trevor Clarke <trevor@notcows.com>
<CABUPWcNtOuGtNdMLMTTNqcA5PqYWLdMzXPtYbrcEJeYfAE=TCA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<b967ad12-1cc6-e3ca-5edc-a9f9a2b5fd0c@gmx.de> (view parent)
I took a look at it when the merge request went in and they look good to me.

> Hi Trevor, [ Cc-ed to ~alpine/devel@lists.alpinelinux.org ] I'm writing to you because your mail address is listed in 'Maintainer' field for package testing/gdal in Alpine Linux aports. I prepared an upgrade to version 3.0.1 with the following features: * replace Python 2 client subpackage by a Python 3 client * add support for NumPy arrays to the Python client * add Java subpackage * add util subpackage for command line utilities * execute autotest regression test suite to check() * add lots of new drivers, the most important are: * NetCDF * HDF5 * JPEG2000 * webp * DAP 3.x servers * JPEG-LS * KML * ODBC * MySQL As those are major changes to the GDAL package, I'm asking you to review the patch and tell me if you have any objections to me sending the patch to Alpine aports. You can see the changes here: https://github.com/hjaekel/aports/commit/b814078799b6650aa406e7bc271e8666fa9e97d6 In addition I would like to know if you have any intention to continue maintaining the gdal package in Alpine in future. Best regards
Holger Jaekel <holger.jaekel@gmx.de>
<b38a2642-8ac6-01fd-3c9e-7d7f32620bbf@gmx.de>
In-Reply-To
<CABUPWcNtOuGtNdMLMTTNqcA5PqYWLdMzXPtYbrcEJeYfAE=TCA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Am 26.09.19 um 01:57 schrieb Trevor Clarke:> I took a look at it when
the merge request went in and they look good to me.
Thank you for your positive feedback. I will create a merge request on
GitHub soon.

> Am 25.09.19 um 23:48 schrieb Holger Jaekel:
>> In addition I would like to know if you have any intention to continue maintaining the gdal package in Alpine in future.

What is your opinion on that? I would like to see GDAL in the community
repository so that it is easier to use for in the stable versions of
Alpine. To reach this goal, I think GDAL needs an active maintainer. I
can offer to help as a maintainer to bring this process forward.
Holger Jaekel <holger.jaekel@gmx.de>
<35140534-ed35-f0ce-0b50-e60c83af3fad@gmx.de>
In-Reply-To
<b38a2642-8ac6-01fd-3c9e-7d7f32620bbf@gmx.de> (view parent)
Hi Trevor,

Am 26.09.19 um 08:47 schrieb Holger Jaekel:
> Am 26.09.19 um 01:57 schrieb Trevor Clarke:
>> Am 25.09.19 um 23:48 schrieb Holger Jaekel:
>>> In addition I would like to know if you have any intention to continue
>>> maintaining the gdal package in Alpine in future.
>
> What is your opinion on that? I would like to see GDAL in the community
> repository so that it is easier to use for in the stable versions of
> Alpine. To reach this goal, I think GDAL needs an active maintainer. I
> can offer to help as a maintainer to bring this process forward.

A statement from you regarding the maintainer position for GDAL would
help me a lot. What is your decision?

Best regards
  Holger
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)