Subject: Creating a '.boot_repository'

From: "Daniel F. Dickinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 01:46:14 -0400

Hi all,

I've been working on adding an answerfile parameter to the kernel
commandline in order to facilitate unattended installs[1], and am
attempting to set up a basic smoke test. The problem I am running into
with this is that when netbooting an APK 'boot repository' is required.

I cannot for the life of me find the documentation of what packages need
to be in said repository, or if there is in fact such documentation. I
have been crawling the mkinitfs source, but I seem to be missing
something in figuring this out.

Any pointers, a list of required packages, or other assistance would be
most welcome.

I have built and openrc and mkinitfs package and successfully built a
netboot image that has the required change to the initrafmfs-init
script, but I'm missing the boot repo from which certain packages must
be downloaded.

[1]:

1. The issue I created in Gitlab
<https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/mkinitfs/-/issues/26>

2. The mkinitfs part of the solution
<https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/danielfdickinson/mkinitfs/-/merge_requests/1>

3. The openrc (firstboot initscript) part of the solution
<https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/danielfdickinson/aports/-/merge_requests/1>

-- 
https://wildtechgarden.ca Technical and professional website
https://princesandmadmen.ca Personal and political blog