Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine Linux virt x86_64 3.7.0 Release Candidate 1 on qemu @ OpenBSD

From: "x9p" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:49:33 -0200

ISO: alpine-virt-3.7.0_rc1-x86_64.iso

Installation of sys on 10G SATA disk was ok.

got only one problem with x11vnc. In 3.7.0-rc1 it tries to execute
.xinitrc instead of xterm in 3.6.2

old command line @ 3.6.2:

 3665 user    0:00 sh -c /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/xterm -- /usr/bin/Xvfb
:20 -screen 0 1280x1024x24 -cc 4 -nolisten tcp -auth
/tmp/.xas340314595.xxx
 3668 user    0:00 /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/xterm -- /usr/bin/Xvfb :20
-screen 0 1280x1024x24 -cc 4 -nolisten tcp -auth /tmp/.xas340314595.xxx

new command line @ 3.7.0-rc1:

 13606 user    0:00 sh -c /usr/bin/xinit /home/user/.xinitrc --
/usr/bin/Xvfb :20 -screen 0 1280x1024x24 -cc 4 -nolisten tcp -auth
/tmp/.xas1336023580.xxx
 13612 user    0:00 /usr/bin/xinit /home/user/.xinitrc -- /usr/bin/Xvfb
:20 -screen 0 1280x1024x24 -cc 4 -nolisten tcp -auth
/tmp/.xas1336023580.xxx

Resulting in crash after connection was made via vncviewer.

Work around was to do a symlink to xterm:

localhost:~$ ln -sf /usr/bin/xterm .xinitrc

After this x11vnc got back working as normal.

cheers.

x9p

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---