Subject: Notifications about build errors

From: "Jean-Louis Fuchs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:01:13 +0000

Hi

I'd like to get notifications about build errors of packages I am interested
in, so I can fix them. Hopefully reducing time and effort for the people,
who usually fix the build errors. What is the best option?

I am aware of

https://build.alpinelinux.org/buildlogs

Before I script a solution, I'd like to ask what my options are. I also want
to the get the errors for all architectures.
 
Best,
Jean-Louis

---

From: Kevin Daudt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 22:13:41 +0100

> to the get the errors for all architectures.

Hello Jean-Louis,

I believe you are asking a question about notifications from the
builders, but are trying to solve a separate issue, namely, getting
feedback about your changes you want to submit.

We have a CI system hosted on our gitlab instace on
https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org. You can submit merge requests there and
it will test the APKBUILD on all the arches we support (with the
exception of armhf).

This would give you feedback even before it has been submitted to the
official builders, potentially blocking them.

However, if you do still want to get messages from the official
builders, we have a system called mqtt where the builders publish
different kinds of messages, one of them being build failures. You could
use a tool called mosquitto_sub to listen for specific types of messages
and react to them.

This is available on msg.alpinelinux.org. To subscribe to all build
errors, you could for example use: 

  mosquitto_sub -h msg.alpinelinux.org -t build/+/errors

This returns a json response, for example:

  {
    "logurl":"https:\/\/build.alpinelinux.org\/buildlogs\/build-edge-armv7\/community\/py3-qtwebengine\/py3-qtwebengine-5.14.0-r0.log",
    "hostname":"build-edge-armv7",
    "pkgname":"py3-qtwebengine",
    "reponame":"community"
  }

Hope this helps, Kevin