The future for Xen in Alpine?

<yEAjpViEKNbQrXWQ5PbsQ_WV9fbezxkVJNSKvoaZwsXLG5a-G9qqqk5waAPN-NVnT2oMhQWcBrmt5_MkjGZHAzkBMClnGpeoUkb9Sevo1YI=@protonmail.com>

As far as I can tell, Xen has always been a first class citizen in
Alpine: ISO image on download page, available in main, security updates
quickly available etc.

Are there any plans for this not to continue in the foreseeable future?

I have used Xen on Alpine for a long time for various projects, but is
now in a position where I can influence the decision on software used
in large deployments at the company I work for, and would really like
to see Alpine and Xen to reign here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mogens Jensen
<5bcee74b-6bf3-9155-35a4-cdd9352396e4@dereferenced.org>
In-Reply-To
<yEAjpViEKNbQrXWQ5PbsQ_WV9fbezxkVJNSKvoaZwsXLG5a-G9qqqk5waAPN-NVnT2oMhQWcBrmt5_MkjGZHAzkBMClnGpeoUkb9Sevo1YI=@protonmail.com> (view parent)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2021, Mogens Jensen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I can tell, Xen has always been a first class citizen in
> Alpine: ISO image on download page, available in main, security updates
> quickly available etc.
>
> Are there any plans for this not to continue in the foreseeable future?
>
> I have used Xen on Alpine for a long time for various projects, but is
> now in a position where I can influence the decision on software used
> in large deployments at the company I work for, and would really like
> to see Alpine and Xen to reign here.

I don't see why Alpine would drop Xen support, unless upstream made
maintenance of it impossible.  At present, there is no indication that
this will happen.

Ariadne
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)