Subject: http acceleration for www and wiki

From: Leonardo Arena <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 10:33:25 +0200

Hi,

i'm looking at https://www.cloudflare.com/plans and wondering about
setting up the free version for www and wiki. Free version does not
support SSL.

Sometime ago we chatted about setting up a varnish box, so I was
thinking if we could spare a box and use this service instead.

It's not the same thing, but could it be enough?

- leo

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 10:50:01 +0200

> setting up the free version for www and wiki. Free version does not

I can see the benefits from this service, but I thought we prefer
using our own in-house implementations?

> thinking if we could spare a box and use this service instead.

I don't remember seeing this conversation, any short summary about this chat?

---

From: Leonardo Arena <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:14:03 +0200

> I don't remember seeing this conversation, any short summary about this chat?

Iirc, vkrishn has helped in fine tuning the php cache on wiki, which
lately started to be a bit slugghish, expecially when editing pages.
With cache adjs the situation has improved. At that time it was
suggested to setup a varnish box for further improvements.

- leo

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:25:34 +0200

On Mon, 13 May 2013 10:50:01 +0200

> > setting up the free version for www and wiki. Free version does not

we have nginx for www atleast already. Might still be nice to get a geographically close cache.

Does anybody think www.a.o is slow? I think it is more than ok.

> I don't remember seeing this conversation, any short summary about this chat?

Looks like it got filed on bugs.a.o:
http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/1765

-nc

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:53:21 +0200

> we have nginx for www atleast already. Might still be nice to get a geographically close cache.

Recently I disabled nginx cache because it was causing issues like
slow downloads.

> Does anybody think www.a.o is slow? I think it is more than ok.

I updated it this weekend and did some maintenance. I also enabled APC it on.

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 20:58:40 +0200

On Mon, 13 May 2013 19:53:21 +0200
 
> I updated it this weekend and did some maintenance. I also enabled
 
Good. Thanks!

I think we can leave www.a.o alone unless somebody experience that it
is slow. No point in trying fix a problem that not is there.

-nc