Subject: Incorrect Qt lib version when running wpa_gui

From: Bernard Mentink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 08:59:36 +1200

Hi All,

I am getting the following error when running *wpa_gui* ..

*Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50c00) with this library
(version 0x50c01)Aborted*

I have no idea how to fix this .. I have done a recent apk update/upgrade
with no errors ..
I have no custom compiled packages ...

Hope someone can help out ..

Cheers,
Bernie

---

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 20:24:25 -0430

> (version 0x50c01)Aborted*
very rare.. some kind of static linking ?

-- 
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

---

From: Bernard Mentink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 13:56:21 +1200

I have not done any kind of static linking that I can remember, any idea's
what I can check ...?

Cheers

---

From: Bernard Mentink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 14:02:29 +1200

The only links I can think of are the libQt5Core ones which are:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      20 Feb 9 08:26 /usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 ->
libQt5Core.so.5.12.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      20 Feb  9  2019 /usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.12 ->
libQt5Core.so.5.12.1
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5607320 Feb  8  2019 /usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.12.1

Looks ok to me ..

Can I re-install something?

Cheers

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 1:56 PM Bernard Mentink <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 12:54 PM PICCORO McKAY Lenz <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Bernard Mentink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 14:19:06 +1200

An update:
I tried deleting qt5-qtbase, qt5-qtbase-x11 and wpa_gui and reinstalling,
on reinstall I get this:

ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  icu-libs-63.1-r0:
    conflicts: icu-libs-62.1-r0
    satisfies: firefox-62.0.3-r2[so:libicui18n.so.63]
firefox-62.0.3-r2[so:libicuuc.so.63]
libreoffice-common-6.1.4.2-r1[so:libicui18n.so.63]
               libreoffice-common-6.1.4.2-r1[so:libicuuc.so.63]
libreoffice-writer-6.1.4.2-r1[so:libicui18n.so.63]
               libreoffice-writer-6.1.4.2-r1[so:libicuuc.so.63]
libmspub-0.1.4-r2[so:libicui18n.so.63] libmspub-0.1.4-r2[so:libicuuc.so.63]
               libcdr-0.1.4-r4[so:libicui18n.so.63]
libcdr-0.1.4-r4[so:libicuuc.so.63] libe-book-0.1.3-r3[so:libicui18n.so.63]
               libe-book-0.1.3-r3[so:libicuuc.so.63]
libreoffice-calc-6.1.4.2-r1[so:libicuuc.so.63]
harfbuzz-icu-2.2.0-r1[so:libicuuc.so.63]
               libzmf-0.0.1-r4[so:libicuuc.so.63]
libvisio-0.1.6-r4[so:libicuuc.so.63] libqxp-0.0.1-r2[so:libicuuc.so.63]
  icu-libs-62.1-r0:
    conflicts: icu-libs-63.1-r0
    satisfies: qt5-qtbase-5.12.0-r0[so:libicui18n.so.62]
qt5-qtbase-5.12.0-r0[so:libicuuc.so.62]

What does that mean?

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 2:02 PM Bernard Mentink <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I have not done any kind of static linking that I can remember, any
>> idea's what I can check ...?
>>
>> Cheers
>>

---

From: Bernard Mentink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 14:25:12 +1200

Ahhh, fixed it. I removed firefox, and did a reinstall of wpa_gui and
qtbase etc and the offending packages were downgraded. Seems firefox
brought in some newer libs  for some reason ..

wpa_gui now works, although it does not see and adapters, now have to
figure out why

:)

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 2:19 PM Bernard Mentink <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      20 Feb  9  2019 /usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.12
>> -> libQt5Core.so.5.12.1

---

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 22:42:04 -0430

very rare.. firefox does not have any related to qt libs..

but as i note:

 icu-libs-62.1-r0:
    conflicts: icu-libs-63.1-r0
    satisfies: qt5-qtbase-5.12.0-r0[so:libicui18n.so.62]
qt5-qtbase-5.12.0-r0[so:libicuuc.so.62

firefox seems depends on icu 63 but the older qt in your install
depends on icu 62.. so when de-install the firefox package the icu
related older lilb are not more need and newer icu package can
install..

are you using edge? please take in consideration that if you plain use
edge, any install/upgrade of the curren packages always will broke
others if the upgrades/installed packages have API/ABI changes..

due that reason i not use "fashion" behaviour.. i prefer older but working

---

From: Bernard Mentink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 15:58:42 +1200

Hi,

I am on version 3.9 of Alpine, I was using edge a long time ago, so maybe
there where packages/libs floating around from then ..

Thanks,