~alpine/users

2 2

what happened with alpine browsers choices? palemoon work ?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FSQW2kQYyZ-BuzoQGECNrz1Px-8SU2FvsjEebKsqC6m5g@mail.gmail.com>
some months ago here in the mail list a guy try to made to build the
palemoon browser.. due those programs in alpine are just .. a crap ..
are the right word to describe it all

but there's too silence now.. i upgrade and tested all the alpine
floavors in arm and i386 and only firefox are available.. but does not
work ...

what are the choices if the web of alpine said: " non-commercial,
general purpose Linux distribution designed for power users" in the
about description!

i try to made spanish how to's and tutorials of alpine linux for other
usages and just are totally impossible!

--
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

It stabilized with this tweak, in May-2019:

--enable-optimize="$CFLAGS -O2"

As an alternative, firefox (from e.g. Ubuntu) can be run in Docker.

On Wed, 2019-07-31 at 19:37 -0430, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> in arm and i386 and only firefox are available.. but does not
> work ...
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FQ8XxpCqUdw2R73v=u47KHBxcAtn5BBDsTKHJjPhGkE6g@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<7367f75fa048e7f1d7aa8f9bf1115aa441a1c402.camel@sent.com> (view parent)
El jue., 1 de ago. de 2019 a la(s) 02:41, Paul Bredbury (brebs@sent.com)
escribió:

> Firefox works great on x86_64, I use it constantly.

lest take carefully of  the alpine behaviour..

alpine are available in minimun 4 archs....... and firefox only works in
x64 ? oh? have you take in the issue     of the mail?

> It stabilized with this tweak, in May-2019:
>
> --enable-optimize="$CFLAGS -O2"
>
> As an alternative, firefox (from e.g. Ubuntu) can be run in Docker.
>

> On Wed, 2019-07-31 at 19:37 -0430, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> > in arm and i386 and only firefox are available.. but does not
> > work ...

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)