Subject: AVRCP events missing in 3.13

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 22:54:43 +0100

Hi,

Sorry for cross-posting here a Gitlab issue [1].

I´ḿ trying to rebuild a working 3.11 onto 3.13: a mpd-based bluetooth 
player. Bluetooth headset keys are used to command mpd playback.
bluez/bluez-alsa are installed and AVRCP commands are supposed to flow 
as an /dev/input/eventX event.
evtest can trace/debug incoming key press.

On 3.13, while /dev/input/eventX are created as expected upon bluetooth Hi,

Sorry for cross-posting here a Gitlab issue [1].

I´ḿ trying to rebuild a working 3.11 bluetooth player setup onto 3.13 on 
Pi. Bluetooth headset keys are used to control playback.
bluez/bluez-alsa are installed and AVRCP commands are supposed to flow 
as an /dev/input/eventX event.
evtest can trace/debug incoming keys.

On 3.13, while /dev/input/eventX is created as expected upon bluetooth 
headset connection, no key code is generated at key press.
btmon shows keypress flowing on bluetooth protocol level, but nothing 
gets passed as input events...

Initially thought event drivers were eventually missing, but it does not 
seem the case.
Any hint appreciated.

[1] https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/issues/12323#note_139298