Subject: cannot change limit for memlock

From: Robert Paschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 12:00:17 +0000

Dear Support Team!

I've recently installed Alpine Linux 3.16.2.

How to change memlock limit value? Command ulimit -l outputs 64. That's 
too small for me.

Instructions in /etc/security/limits.conf are ignored. Directory 
/etc/security/limit.d is empty. Shell is changed to /bin/bash.

Content of /etc/security/limit.conf:

robert hard memlock 10000
robert soft memlock 10000

I look forward to your reply and thanks in advance for your time.

---

From: "alice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 14:54:10 +0000

> /etc/security/limit.d is empty. Shell is changed to /bin/bash.
to use any of those you need util-linux-login installed to utilise a
PAM-enabled login. (or shadow-login, but the former is preferred)

---

From: Robert Paschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 17:42:25 +0000

That's the solution!

Tank you very much Alice!