~alpine/users

Re: some problem with alpine

Joe Sypniewski <sypniew1@yahoo.com>
<1054071411.5167835.1609736817648@mail.yahoo.com>
 Local depository for remote build (w/o the net on the host); I think I've found the solution(s):- first is apk fetch; finding where packages are fetched, move it & install.- second is using lbu.I didn't have time to try these solutions, but I'll try them soon.
BTW; wiki needs some cleanup and updates.

    On Sunday, January 3, 2021, 8:29:57 PM UTC, PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com> wrote:

 El dom, 3 de ene. de 2021 a la(s) 16:05, Joe Sypniewski (sypniew1@yahoo.com) escribió:

> - The download for Extended version is 482 MB (x86), versus substantially smaller other >versions. If I look inside iso; there are two partitions; one is boot and the other is a puzzle;
> it has no fs indicator & it looks like empty? men! is a ISO hybrid.. basically as wiki xplain is a live disc like! in fact alpine is a running system, when you install is just a modification of the real alpine to save data in fs.. check https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_newbie_install_manual cos the alpine wiki page ned wifi formating and links
> After installation, the system has only busybox, musl, ssl & few other utilities (& kernel). > All this should take couple of megs, so what is the rest?umm good question.. the problem is that extended has few other packages to made the installation offline that's all.. by example openssh are included offline
> - I'm a debian guy and the deb has a very simple format; with debs I can create my local> depository that I can move around and install selected packages at will w/o the network.>  With local depository I do not have to use anything else, but busybox with dpkg option> compiled. Question is; can I create a local depository (similar to the above) with apk?i asked that before in mail list.. search with history
>
> Again, thank you for your support & I'm trying to learn alpine now as I'm writing this.
>
> On Saturday, January 2, 2021, 5:34:33 AM UTC, PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> El jue, 31 de dic. de 2020 a la(s) 23:55, <j3s@c3f.net> escribió:
> > December 31, 2020 12:37 PM, "Joe Sypniewski" <sypniew1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > What is the proper way of using alpine w/o the network access?
> > Alpine works fine without network access, just not for your use-case.
> Bad explained: what you mention that "it works without a network" is
> only the base system and not all "alpine" so that's wrong, the core
> and linux kernel and common base utilities works without network, but
> today based on common need the provided base system its unuseless to
> those task..
>
> > > What is the difference between "Extended" and other version since "Extended" does not contain any
> > > other software?
> > Extended just includes a few commonly used utilities. Alpine is
> wrong again: extended is only for x86 and x64 on intel/amd
> architecture cos is more common, others architectures does not have
> extended flavour and will always required mostly networking
>
> > very much a lego distribution - if you want a desktop environment,
> > you're going to have to build it yourself. Which will require some
> this depends software that are already package and must be installed from
> packages apk files but other you must compile it..
> packages as openrc must be installed by apk repositories cos is best
> suid by mantainer that close knows the alpine infrastructure operating
> system

> [...]
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)