Subject: [alpine-user] /var/lib/nginx/tmp/fastcgi permission issue

From: Kai Hendry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:53:20 +0800

I noticed in my Alpine PHP/nginx
https://github.com/kaihendry/greptweet/blob/master/Dockerfile requests
were getting truncated: https://github.com/kaihendry/greptweet/issues/55

The error log looks like:

2015/12/21 08:36:07 [crit] 14#0: *3888 open()
"/var/lib/nginx/tmp/fastcgi/2/03/0000000032" failed (13: Permission
denied) while reading upstream, client:...

/var/lib/nginx/tmp/fastcgi # ls -alh
total 0
drwx------    1 nginx    root           0 Dec 20 10:39 .
drwx------    1 root     root          64 Dec 20 10:39 ..
/var/lib/nginx/tmp/fastcgi # stat .
  File: .
  Size: 0               Blocks: 0          IO Block: 4096   directory
Device: c1h/193d        Inode: 5898        Links: 1
Access: (0700/drwx------)  Uid: (  100/   nginx)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: 2015-12-21 08:37:24.000000000
Modify: 2015-12-20 10:39:45.000000000
Change: 2015-12-20 10:39:45.000000000

Only a chmod -R 755 /var/lib/nginx seemed to fix this for me.

Do I need to add `RUN chmod -R 755 /var/lib/nginx` to my Docker file, or
could this please be fixed?

Many thanks!

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---