Subject: getting back to latest stable after upgrading to edge

From: Tony Hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 08:41:00 -0400

I've an older laptop that had alpine v3.3 installed and which I tried
to upgrade to latest-stable. This didn't work, giving many
'unsatisfiable contraints' error messages. So then I tried upgrading to
v3.4, then 3.5 and so on until I got to v3.9. That worked fine but on
further attempted upgrades I was back to the 'unsatisfiable contraints'
error messages.

Ultimately searching and finding no resolution to these errors, I
upgraded the system fully to edge. This has worked in the sense of no
more package conflicts. Is there a simple way to get back to latest-
stable? Can I simply edit /etc/apk/repositories changing edge to
latest-stable and eventually I'll find the system at a stable version?

---

From: "Ariadne Conill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 14:18:41 +0000

Hello,

> latest-stable and eventually I'll find the system at a stable version?

Yes, that is correct.  You can just edit the repositories file, then do
`apk upgrade --available` and it will force your system's installed
package set to be aligned with what is in the repositories.

Ariadne

---

From: "Ariadne Conill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 14:21:10 +0000

Hello,

Ariadne