Subject: wiki account creation fails / newbie pages

From: Al Pi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 15:02:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hello there,

is that captcha known to work currently?

I was looking for quick and precise information about installing alpinelinux,
that helps users that have worked with linux distributions before.

I found many "newbie" documents, even a "newbie ecosystem" in the wiki (https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Newbie_Alpine_Ecosystem), however, to me all that
appeared a little vague, disgressing and repeating things at different places, to be of help to quickly finding the the desired overview and information.

So it took me longer than desired to gather the facts I needed, but i did find them eventually, and I thought I could just edit the main "Installation" page, improving it to provide that overview.

But unfortunately creating a wiki account always fails, saying "Incorrect or missing CAPTCHA" no matter if I retry counting the digits from left or right.

-Al

---

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 17:37:59 -0400

hi! the newbie pages are in progressive way! the ecosistem page try to
cover the phases of the user level of knowledge when used alpine linux..

the installation pages are not a GLOBAL one! .. in that cases i try to make
a USE CASES VERSION OF INSTALLATION EVENT A HAND BOOK VERSION due new users
does never read terminology.. each page OBVIOUSLY WILL HAVE COMMON PARTS
REPEATED!

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

El mar., 5 de may. de 2020 a la(s) 09:02, Al Pi ([email-masked])
escribió:

> I found many "newbie" documents, even a "newbie ecosystem" in the wiki (
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Newbie_Alpine_Ecosystem), however, to
> me all that
> appeared a little vague, disgressing and repeating things at different
> places, to be of help to quickly finding the the desired overview and
> information.
>
> So it took me longer than desired to gather the facts I needed, but i did
> find them eventually, and I thought I could just edit the main
> "Installation" page, improving it to provide that overview.
>
> But unfortunately creating a wiki account always fails, saying "Incorrect
> or missing CAPTCHA" no matter if I retry counting the digits from left or
> right.
>
> -Al
>

---

From: Al Pi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 18:55:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you were trying to tell or shout? at me.

But maybe we find some ways to ease the documentaion for

everyone in the other thread that you started.

-Al