Subject: [alpine-user] net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1 not honoured, need to blacklist ipv6

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 17:55:56 +0100

Hello again.

I have a question reqarding Linux IPv6 configuration.
I want to get rid of IPv6, which is in -vanilla it seems.  I have
a sysctl.conf that contains, among others (maybe excessive)

  net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
  net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
  net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1
  net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6 = 1

and with -grsec/-hardened i saw "sysctl not supported" or so fly
by (that sysctl.conf is shared in between all Linux boxes).
Now with -vanilla that message no longer occurs but the IPv6 stack
becomes activated regardless, and i have to manually

  * [@sdaoden]$ sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1

again after startup is completed.  The new setting is then
however honoured whatever action is performed it seems, regetting
DHCP config and restarting my firewall script traffic-qos.sh
(called via init.d/iptables hack otherwise) do not affect this
setting no more, for example.

I have to add ipv6 to the module blacklist to overcome this
situation, this works just fine, but seems somehow excessive and
as if something would be wrong.
If i do not blacklist ipv6 it will be used by "idp_diag sctp".
Any hint much appreciated.

--steffen
|
|Der Kragenbaer,                The moon bear,
|der holt sich munter           he cheerfully and one by one
|einen nach dem anderen runter  wa.ks himself off
|(By Robert Gernhardt)

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:03:21 +0100

i wrote:
 |I have a question reqarding Linux IPv6 configuration.
 |I want to get rid of IPv6, which is in -vanilla it seems.  I have
 |a sysctl.conf that contains, among others (maybe excessive)
 |
 |  net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
 ...
 |Now with -vanilla that message no longer occurs but the IPv6 stack
 |becomes activated regardless, and i have to manually
 |
 |  * [@sdaoden]$ sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1

This is of course because the IPv6 is not at all loaded when this
is issued via sysctl.conf, thus goes into void, later dhcpc
i think it is who gets one and does create it, then?
Anyway.  I moved all the sysctls to the traffic-qos script.
Ciao.

--steffen
|

---