Subject: [alpine-user] Multipathing and Xen

From: Jan Korbel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 11:23:34 +0200

Hi.

I want to test Alpine for xen dom0 infrastructure (any ideas about
long-term usability, stability etc?) and i have a problem with
multipathing.

We have all storage on HP Eva 43xx/44xx Arrays, blades (include dom0)
are w/o local disks. In Debian we use multipath-tools and
multipath-tools-boot packages with some configuration
in /etc/multipath.conf.

There is multipath-tools and device-mapper packages in Alpine. But even
with them, multipath.conf and manual load of multipath, dm_multipath
and dm-mod, devices in mapper dir are still missing.

root@virt1:/etc$ /etc/init.d/multipathd start
 * Starting multipathd ...
ls: /dev/mapper/mpath*: No such file or
directory                                    [ ok ]

System is installed from alpine-xen-3.7.0-x86_64.iso.

Thanks for hints.

Regards,

J.K.

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---