Subject: [alpine-user] upgrading to edge

From: Wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:08:42 -0400

ahoy all,

   successfully installed Alpine 3.8 on an x86-64 machine and then  
tried to upgrade to the rolling 'edge' release using these instructions:

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Include:Upgrading_to_Edge

the instructions finish with saying that upon updating to edge the  
command 'cat /etc/alpine-release' should show a 'build date attached  
to the release'.   however after following all instructions and  
rebooting 'cat /etc/alpine-release' still gives me '3.8.0'.

   is the wiki incorrect or does this indicate that i have not been  
upgraded to edge?  i would be happy to update the wiki in whatever case.

thanks, w

-- 
https://waynedpj.ingiro.xyz

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Tim Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 07:37:51 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

> upgraded to edge? i would be happy to update the wiki in whatever case.

Yeah, its a bug that has been reported by me and a bunch of other people.  Still awaiting a fix..... . ;-(

---

---

From: Wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:28:47 -0400

> people.  Still awaiting a fix..... . ;-(

OK, thanks though i should have checked the bugs first :)  besides  
this however a bit of playing around seems to indicate that we are  
indeed on the rolling edge release even though the /etc/alpine-release  
is not being update?

thanks again, w

---