Subject: [alpine-user] exFAT support in mount?

From: Wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 14:10:14 -0400

ahoy all,

    trying to get exFAT working, particularly for non-root users, and  
running into the following issue: after installing fuse-exfat and  
fuse-exfat-utils root can mount exFAT partitions ONLY via  
/usr/sbin/mount.exfat .  using regular /bin/mount results in  a  
"mount: /media/usb: unknown filesystem type 'exfat'." error message  
for both root and non-root users.  and this occurs whether or not the  
type is explicitly given via the -t option.

    and fuse-exfat packages are installed:

apk list -I | grep -i exfat
fuse-exfat-1.3.0-r0 x86_64 {fuse-exfat} (GPL-2.0-or-later) [installed]
fuse-exfat-utils-1.3.0-r0 x86_64 {fuse-exfat} (GPL-2.0-or-later) [installed]

    since things like PCManFM, udisks, etc. eventually rely on mount,  
mounting an external exFAT USB partition also returns "mount:  
/media/usb: unknown filesystem type 'exfat'.".

    as mentioned here  
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1554178/how-to-register-fuse-filesystem-type-with-mount8-and-fstab/1555146#1555146 mount *should* be picking up the /usr/sbin/mount.exfat helper executable for delegation of the actual mounting but that seems not to be happening for some reason.  is there something specific about the mount in  
Alpine?

    thanks for reading and any ideas.

peace, w

-- 
https://waynedpj.ingiro.xyz

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---