Subject: Re: [alpine-user] MATE and lxdm issue

From: Marco Dickert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:27:20 +0200

On 2019-06-24 10:51:11, Matt Schwartz wrote:
> Thank you for your reply, Marco. Yes, dbus is installed and running.

Are you sure that dbus-x11 is also installed? I just installed an alpine linux
in a VirtualBox VM and got it to work. What is the exact error message?

-- 
Marco Dickert
[email-masked]
https://misterunknown.de

---

From: Matt Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 13:07:19 -0400

Hi Marco, I am not certain what happened but mate is running now. However,
I am getting a new and confusing error that google is not helping me
resolve. When I click on the Computer icon on the desktop, I get the
following error: Could not display computer:/// and I am not able to mount
the cdrom. It says I must be root.

Thank you again,
Matt

---

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 15:00:10 -0400

install al lthe gvfs pacakges and error will gone

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

---

From: Matt Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 15:06:04 -0400

Thank you! That's precisely what I was looking for. Now I get to puzzle
through getting audio working....

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 3:00 PM PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> Hi Marco, I am not certain what happened but mate is running now.
>> However, I am getting a new and confusing error that google is not helping
>> me resolve. When I click on the Computer icon on the desktop, I get the