Subject: package for apk man pages

From: Stone Tickle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 20:07:36 +0900

Hello,

I apologize if it has been asked before, but I was wondering what the
name of the package that includes apk documentation is, so I can do `man
apk`.  I see there are scdocs in the repo for apk-tools, but I don't see
the obvious apk-doc package.  I tried to use apk-file to find a file
like *man*apk*, but that didn't work either.

Stone

---

From: Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 16:48:31 +0100

On 2020-02-22 20:07:36 +0900, Stone Tickle wrote:
> apk`. 

There is no such package. /usr/share is explicitly deleted causing
manpages to not be available:

https://git.alpinelinux.org/aports/tree/main/apk-tools/APKBUILD#n53

I do not know if this is just oversight or intention. You should
probably open ticket in gitlab if you want the manpages to be shipped.

W.

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.