Subject: abuild-gzsplit does not work on packages from 3.12

From: Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 21:46:58 +0200

Hello,

I'm not sure if this should go into -devel or -users list, but since it's
quite possible I'm just doing something wrong, I'm sending it to -users
first.

I have mine own repository and as part of the build I'm using
abuild-gzsplit to resign the packages outside of docker (since I prefer
not having the signing key readable by any random ./configure script).
When 3.12 was out, I've tried to move my repo from 3.11 to 3.12, but was
not able to do so due to failure in abuild-gzsplit.

Let's compare the output (both had alpine-sdk installed as a first step)
from 3.11 executed inside docker image alpine:3.11:

/ # cat /etc/os-release
NAME="Alpine Linux"
ID=alpine
VERSION_ID=3.11.2
PRETTY_NAME="Alpine Linux v3.11"
HOME_URL="https://alpinelinux.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.alpinelinux.org/"
/ # wget
http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.11/main/x86_64/vim-8.2.0-r0.apk
Connecting to dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org (151.101.0.249:80)
saving to 'vim-8.2.0-r0.apk'
vim-8.2.0-r0.apk     100%
|***********************************************| 8643k  0:00:00 ETA
'vim-8.2.0-r0.apk' saved
/ # abuild-gzsplit <vim-8.2.0-r0.apk ; echo $?
0

and from 3.12 executed inside alpine:3.12:

/ #
/ #
/ # cat /etc/os-release
NAME="Alpine Linux"
ID=alpine
VERSION_ID=3.12.0
PRETTY_NAME="Alpine Linux v3.12"
HOME_URL="https://alpinelinux.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.alpinelinux.org/"
/ # wget
http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/main/x86_64/vim-8.2.0735-r0.apk
Connecting to dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org (151.101.0.249:80)
saving to 'vim-8.2.0735-r0.apk'
vim-8.2.0735-r0.apk  100%
|***********************************************| 8629k  0:00:00 ETA
'vim-8.2.0735-r0.apk' saved
/ # abuild-gzsplit <vim-8.2.0735-r0.apk  ; echo $?
failed
2

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
W.

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.