Subject: make readlink (so abuild) work in a chroot?

From: Marc Chantreux <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 15:32:23 +0200

hello,

i would like to use and ship alpine chrooted dirs with alpine installed
as developpement env to a project i am involved in (please don't try to tell
me about docker) but apkbuild-cpan don't work because abuild don't work
because readlink's stdout (captured at the very begining of abuild to
set abuild_path) is empty in a chrooted env.

i guess i'm not the first one to ask but the FAQ don't mention readlink
or chroot. any clue, link and help would be appreciated.

regards,
marc

---

From: Marc Chantreux <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 08:17:02 +0200

> set abuild_path) is empty in a chrooted env.

[[sroracle]] on #alpine-devel pointed out that /proc must be mounted
so

    mount -t proc none /proc

made readlink happy.

have a nice day
marc