Subject: Man page woes

From: Stone Tickle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 15:38:29 +0900

Hello,

I have a problem with viewing man pages from vim via the shortcut K, or
command :Man.  When I open the page for, for example, fread(3), it
works.  If I try to open the page for fwrite(3) (the same page) I get
something that looks like this:

()                                                                          ()
See the file man3/fread.3.
                                August 21, 2020                             ()

When using man on the commandline, it successfully finds and displays
fread(3) no matter which name I use (fwrite, or fread).  If I pass the
-w flag to man, exhibits the same behaviour that vim has.

$ man -w fread
/usr/share/man/man3/fread.3.gz # the one I want
$ man -w fwrite
/usr/share/man/man3/fwrite.3.gz

Of course this issue is for any man page that contains information for
multiple functions.  Only one function name will bring up the right
page, the rest are the same: "See the file manx/function.x."  On other
systems I have used vim works as expeced, so I thought it might be an
Alpine issue.

Is there a fix for this that doesn't involve wrapping the man command or
something like that?

Thanks,
Stone