~alpine/users

1

Re: upgrade from 3.12.3 to 3.13.0

<20210122082058.3d55afa2@ncopa-desktop.lan>
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 18:25:04 +0100
Dietmar Rieder <dietmar.rieder@i-med.ac.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure how to add this option?

When you see the boot prompt "boot:"  you type: lts usbdelay=10

-nc

> Anyway, when the alpine is in the recovery shell ("/ #") I see that
> the USB stick /dev/sda is mounted. I also see the activity led
> flashing during the boot, so I guess the usb controller is
> initialized. I also see the # progress bar going to 100% (see [1]
> screenshot)
>
> I do not have such issues with older versions of Alpine.
>
> Best
>     Dietmar
>
> [1]:
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mwY6iyx8sav_-Z4zcxnwSDobJljo8G9A/view?usp=sharing>
>
> On 1/21/21 5:15 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:02:55 +0100
> > Dietmar Rieder <dietmar.rieder@i-med.ac.at> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to upgrade a diskless installation (config and apk
> >> cache on usb) from Alpine 3.12.3 to 3.13.0 but while booting the
> >> new ISO image I get the following error when the USB stick is
> >> inserted:
> >>
> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> ISOLINUX 6.04 4.04-pre1 Copyright (C) 1994-2015 H. Peter Anvin et
> >> al boot:
> >> /sbin/init not found in new root. Launching emergency recovery
> >> shell Type exit to Continue boot.
> >> sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
> >> / #
> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> When I boot the new ISO an empty USB stick all works fine and I can
> >> configure Alpine from scratch. However I'd like to upgrade and
> >> migrate my previous settings and packages as I used to do whenever
> >> I switched release.
> >>
> >> Is there any way to solve that problem?
> >
> > Does it boot if you add the boot option usbdelay=10?
> >
> > Might be that the usb controller needs more than a ssecond to
> > initialize.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>      Dietmar

Re: upgrade from 3.12.3 to 3.13.0

<74a19cce-e546-3424-bc59-a33236e5d792@i-med.ac.at>
In-Reply-To
<20210122082058.3d55afa2@ncopa-desktop.lan> (view parent)
Hi Natanael,

thanks for your help, I was missing the lts (tried vanilla and virt).
But unfortunately this doesn't change anything, it just takes 10 seconds
longer.

Best
   Dietmar

D i e t m a r  R i e d e r, Mag.Dr.