Subject: Alpine / Plasma / Flatpak bug ???

From: RSS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 16:25:28 +0800

Newly installed Alpine, and the first window manager I am trying is KDE
Plasma. The first iceberg I have struck is Flatpak.

I installed some flatpaks globally with root.

I added the "flatpak" group to a user, and then rebooted.

Logged in as the user with the flatpak group, still even "flatpak list"
yields an "blank" response, no message of any kind.

flatpak run <app> yields the error message "<app> not installed".

(It is installed, globally.)

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Flatpak says nothing about this, so is
this a bug, or is it expected behavior that global flatpaks do not work
like on other distros?

---

From: Bobby Hiltz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 12:14:59 +0200 (GMT+02:00)

>I installed some flatpaks globally with root.

I think you should install as USER.

>$ flatpak install chromium

On the wiki means USER.

I think I might have been the last one to edit the wiki, so if something is incorrect, you can point the finger at me.

Best,

bbbhltz