Subject: Trying to install Alpine on a Loongson 3A5000 mini PC

From: Christophe Jarry <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2026 20:52:25 +0200

Hi Alpine users,

I recently bought a mini PC based on the Loongson 3A5000 CPU and want to
try Alpine on it.

So i downloaded alpine-standard-3.24.1-loongarch64.iso and checked the
sha256sum: it was ok.

Then i used:
dd if=alpine-standard-3.24.1-loongarch64.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
to put it on my 16GB USB key.

As suggested in the wiki, i did the following:
cmp alpine-standard-3.24.1-loongarch64.iso /dev/sdb

And got:
cmp: EOF on alpine-standard-3.24.1-loongarch64.iso

Secure Boot is disabled in the BIOS.

When the machine boots, i select the USB key.
Then i press [Enter] and nothing happens.

Does someone have a clue on what causes the problem?

Christophe