Subject: Install ends in grub prompt

From: Tony Bazeley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 14:59:52 +0930

Hi,

I'm having some trouble installing alpine on a new machine an Asrock x300w ( 
lshw output is attached) using alpine-extended-3.16.0-x86_64.iso

The current problem is that booting from a usb image the boot process lands in 
grub with no obvious way out.

"Secure boot" is disabled in the uefi

At the grub prompt entering boot yields "error: you need to load 	the kernel 
first"

I recall reading (I'm not too sure where now) that booting into grub requires 
support from the list

The second problem I anticipate is installing onto a nvme M.2 ssd

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/NVME 

Although this may not be an issue now

https://9to5linux.com/alpine-linux-3-16-improves-nvme-support-adds-gnome-42-and-kde-plasma-5-24-lts 

Any thoughts on how to proceed would be much appreciated

TIA
Tony