~alpine/users

1

NFS Data Corruption with 64K page size

Luke Strong <luke@thestrongs.nz>
<30acd508-33de-412b-b78e-2627bcb205bb@www.fastmail.com>
Hi

I setup an NFS server on Alpine v3.13.2 ppc64le and had data corruption issues; after copying data to the server the checksums of the files differed from the source. This would only occur when recursively copying large directory trees, copying files individually didn't cause issues. After a while of trying different things (filesystems, NICs, etc) I've resolved it by re-compiling the kernel with a 4K page size: CONFIG_PPC_4K_PAGES=y # CONFIG_PPC_64K_PAGES is not set Has anyone had a similar experience?

Since switching to a 4K page size qemu is hitting errors using the XIVE interrupt controller for guests and falling back to an emulated mode.

Regards
Luke
Luke Strong <luke@thestrongs.nz>
<1b196398-1453-4603-9995-472ff46a4196@www.fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<30acd508-33de-412b-b78e-2627bcb205bb@www.fastmail.com> (view parent)
Hi

Updating the kernel to 5.10.21 has resolved this issue.

Cheers
Luke

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021, at 12:42, Luke Strong wrote:
> Hi
>
> I setup an NFS server on Alpine v3.13.2 ppc64le and had data corruption
> issues; after copying data to the server the checksums of the files
> differed from the source. This would only occur when recursively
> copying large directory trees, copying files individually didn't cause
> issues. After a while of trying different things (filesystems, NICs,
> etc) I've resolved it by re-compiling the kernel with a 4K page size:
> CONFIG_PPC_4K_PAGES=y # CONFIG_PPC_64K_PAGES is not set Has anyone had
> a similar experience?
>
> Since switching to a 4K page size qemu is hitting errors using the XIVE
> interrupt controller for guests and falling back to an emulated mode.
>
> Regards
> Luke
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)