Subject: [alpine-user] Multiple questions related to Alpine Linux

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 02:57:03 +0100

1) In the Alpine install environment, unicode characters display 
correctly in the console, but after installing to disk and rebooting 
they display as '?' on /dev/tty1. On all other ttys they display 
correctly. What could be the cause of this?

2) If installing Alpine to disk, the script 'setup-disk' will not use 
mkinitfs.conf from Alpine install environment when creating the 
initramfs image, but instead "ata base ide scsi usb virtio" is hardcoded 
in the script and will become the default in the installed system. To 
install Alpine on eMMC on have to edit 'setup-disk' and add mmc to 
inifs_features or else boot will fail. Is it intentional that 
'setup-disk' will not use mkinitfs.conf?

3) While creating a custom Alpine ISO image with the 'alpine-iso' 
script, I want to add some scripts to /sbin in initramfs. How can I do 
that?

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---